Tuesday, January 17, 2012

tumeric chai spice tea mix

















Just  tonight tried the Tumeric Mix Chai Spice from Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable.
I made some changes to her recipe.  This is what I did.

Turmeric Chai Spice Mix 
(12 servings)
-9 Tb ground turmeric
-12 tsp ground cinnamon
-2 tsp ground clove
-3 tsp ground cardamon
-6 tsp ground ginger
-2 tsp dried chilli pepper

Mix all together in glass jar.  Store in cool dark place.

To make one serve - Steep 2 tsp Chai in 2 cups boiling water for 10 min in jug. Stir once during this time.  Pour carefully into mug, leaving sediment in bottom of jug.  Mix in sweetener to taste.  Add from splash to 1/2 cup of milk, according to taste.  I like just a splash of milk with 1 tsp sugar.  Enjoy!!

Was a little unsure at the beginning of the brewing, but was pleasantly surprised in the end.  A lovely drink that is good for me!!  Next time I might cut the chilli down to 1tsp for the batch, may be a little on the spicy side as is!!

Go on.  Give it a go!

What is holding you back from trying a new drink?

Linking to Fat Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. So I gave this a try - not too bad at all though I think Mum enjoyed it more than me! Maybe nexy time I will leave the chilli out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the recipe needs some chilli, but I prefer heaps less than the two tsp also!!

      Delete
  2. Yum, this sounds really good! And I love your cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. It is a tasty drink (and I like the cup too!!)

      Delete
  3. I tried it. It's great. It helped relieve my toothache, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good...and good luck with the toothache cutekittypunk.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment!!