Thursday, November 03, 2011

kids storage nook



 
My storage area, above, and below, the original inspiration pic, from pinterest (obviously!!), for the otherwise unused space outside the older boys bedroom.

source

This is the (almost) finished result.

A friend of the family helped me build the (black) shelves from pine using my custom design and put up the panelling.  I had already painted the walls.  Since then I painted the panelling and screwed in some vintage hooks.  I still need to finish some painting and add skirting, but almost there!!
The space is used for storing school bags and coats - on the hooks, clean and sorted laundry ready for putting away - in the kids own coloured tub LHS cupboard, school books and paper work - in RHS cupboards, and extra toy storage - in tubs above the cupboards.

I am really pleased with the result.  One more thing ticked off the to do list!!

What have you have finished lately?  Have you checked out pinterest yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you comment!!