Monday, March 12, 2012

breakfast stromboli - a recipe



I found this inspiration on Fix me a snack.  Their cheese stromboli was so yummy and easy to make.  Stromboli is a rolled up pinwheel bread product.  They used their pizza dough, but I used my atta flour sourdough I had all ready to go.  After making the oven baked cheese version, I just had to use the idea in other ways.  This is what I come up with...


First, thinly roll out the yeast dough.
Spread with softened butter and then fruit butter, or what ever fruity spread you like.

I used pumpkin & apple butter.  If you need a recipe for a basic apple butter, find one here.  Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Roll the dough up into a log shape.  If it is too fat in parts, just stretch it so it is fairly even.

Cut into 1inch pieces.

Place on preheated grill press, leaving some space around each for spreading.  Lower the lid.

Cook until golden brown.
Cool a little before serving.


These can also be cooked in the oven, but I have the grill press close at hand and it heats up quicker than the oven.


What recipes have you modified to suit you recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you comment!!