Monday, September 02, 2013

super food green smoothie - a recipe




Super Food Green Smoothie (FP)

150g spinach leaves
150g mixed lettuce leaves
2 sticks celery
1 bunch mint leaves
2 cups water

Blend together until very smooth.
Pour this into 6 large silicone muffin holes and freeze overnight.
To make up one serve, blend together

1 frozen green block
1 cup water
1 tsp glucomannan
stevia drops to taste
1 tsp spirulina, chlorella, barley grass and wheat grass powder mix

Drink immediately with a straw.
I don't know what it is, but drinking this with a straw makes it taste so different, to me anyway!!?

This is a variation on the THM Earth Milk.  I love Earth Milk but sometimes I don't feel like anything creamy.

Let me know what you think.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good - I will have to give this a try! It sounds like you are doing great with THM... way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it Jane! The greens in my fridge don't stay looking great for long and this is a way of having green goodness on hand whenever I need it! I love my freezer!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure why green smoothies give me the freak out - but they do...and now you know all my weird tendencies: no tea and no greens in my smoothies. LOL Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enough said! There's next Halloween's costume sorted though! I, for one, will pin your step by step tutorial for a green smoothie costume!

      Delete

I love it when you comment!!