Sunday, March 04, 2012

re-fashioned shirt dress




This is the before shot of the shirt dress I picked up at an op shop for $3.  It fit ok, is a lovely colour and really comfy fabric (cotton/lycra).  It just looks a little bland as is. 






So lets see what I ended up with after one night of unpicking and restitching...

I took the short sleeves off and re-cut them as gathered cap sleeves, took in the fullness under the arms and into the waist and ran a length of elastic around the hem with toggles to finish off.








Here are some close-ups of the details.









I just love it!!  It has added a little something different and is still a great comfy dress to throw on.


Are you into refashioning clothing?  What is your latest project?

Linking to Frugal Days - Sustainable Ways, Thirty Handmade Days, Make, Grow, Thrift,

2 comments:

  1. The elastic hem looks fantastic. I'm sure you will get so much wear out of this little thrifted gem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have Jodie. I just love turning not much into something I love.

      Delete

I love it when you comment!!