Thursday, May 17, 2012

where i share my real food weight loss plan


You may have read about my 'sustainable' goals for 2012.  Toward this end, our family has moved to eating more real food.  The major food changes have been cutting out the canola oil, soy and (most) processed foods, going from buying low fat margarine to butter, pasturised skim milk to raw full cream milk and more local produce. 

But as it turns out, I love real food.  Really love real food!  I slather butter on everything, have double helpings and don't stop eating all day!! 

And then I weigh myself.  {deep breath in...} I have about 10kg to lose. I had not weighed myself for quite some time but knew I was putting on more and more.   Those clothes do not lie.

So, as I do, where there is a problem, I have to make a plan to fix it.  I am almost one week into my new eating plan.  At this stage I have only been recording my food intake and limiting total calories.  The only way I have 'dieted' in the past was with diet foods and I was wondering what I need to do to lose weight eating real foods,  I dislike counting calories.  It does work for me but I tend to get fixated on food, in a bad way. 

And then I read this post today. It was just what I needed.

A plan.  This is the plan.

1. Eat real food
2. Eat real fats
3. Eat fewer or no grains
4. Eat less

I like the idea of having these general ideas to stick with and mostly just eating less. 

I can do this!!!


Whose with me??


1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I'm trying to lose a little bit, and I know how challenging it can be! I like your plan!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment!!